Welcome to Mayfield, the happiest town on earth! This Mayfield seems quite a bit smaller than the one you're used to, though - other than the carnival, there's only four houses on the one street leading to it. As you spend more time here, you may come to notice several other differences as well:- Any food the town creates, although edible and delicious, will not be filling or provide any nutritional benefits. In short, you'd better find another source of food if you don't want to starve to death.
- The water provided by the town is real enough; however, it looks slightly brown and has a metallic taste. Although side-effects aren't immediate, drinking enough of it has a strong chance of causing vomiting, fever, dizziness, migraines, delusions, and in extreme cases, death.
- While everything in the town appears to be brand-new, they also seem slightly...off. Objects will sometimes flicker in and out of existence, or appear to be solid but actually aren't for a few seconds (so good luck to anyone riding the Ferris Wheel!). Doors will sometimes open to entirely different locations within the town from before, or to nothing but a blank white space.
- There are currently no drones or NPCs anywhere in the town.
- There are, however, huge foot-long rats that come out during the night. They seem to act like normal rats, and will try to stay away from people who are awake, although they may try to take a chunk out of someone who's asleep. However, they turn vicious if attacked, and their bites have a high chance of causing painful swelling that eventually leads to gangrene, necrosis of the flesh, high fever, and after a few days, death. That said, they're no more sturdy or difficult to kill than what you'd expect from a typical rat, and it seems like they're edible....
- Anyone who dies here will remain dead until the end of the event. Their bodies will not disappear, but instead decompose like a normal corpse.
- Mayfield's usual system of resetting any damage done to the property overnight is no longer working at 100% - some (but not all) of the repercussions of what characters do to the town will remain. If your character damages or otherwise marks any area of the carnival in a way that would be noticeable and normally permanent, please comment to the appropriate thread and day below.
Other information, effects, and details will be revealed as the event goes on; however, please assume that until otherwise said, everything in this post will remain true until the end of the event. Any questions should go in the appropriate thread below.